Sunday, January 18, 2009

Flumserberg Skiing

In order to be sure I would never have to answer 'I dont know' to the question how is the skiing in europe, I went to flumserberg this weekend with the meetup group. I sadly forgot my camera in all the rush, but I did have my gps so you can see what was done here
The day was good, a bit overcast and windy, but the snow was good, and nowhere near as busy as Meadows or even Ski-bowl. There were no lift lines anywhere.

It served as a nice sunday activity and was only an hour or so from zurich. It is probably not the best skiing around, but it is close and not too expensive (except food which is outrageous).

My first week back at work was a little bit slow. I had a poster presentation and a quick powerpoint for my lausanne boss. After that it took awhile to get back into the swing of things. I have realized how quickly I forget things. I got a few swimming trips in, and a nice run. Hopefully next week will be more full-speed

No comments: